Sunday, August 17, 2008

Baby Food 101

This past week my mom ( aka Mahnee) was in town and we decided to tackle the task of making homemade baby food for Georgia. A friend of mine recommended this great book to me and it's full of information on "how to" do so many great things in the kitchen for your baby! I have decided that I would love to make my own baby food to cut cost on buying jar food and for the wonderful organic nutrition I can give Georgia ! AND the big plus is that when you freeze the "food cubes" you make -- they can last anywhere from 3-10 months! WOW - so convenient ! Just take your cubes out of the freezer, microwave for a minute and ..... DONE ! There are only a few foods she can have at this age so we made - sweet potatoes, peaches, avocado, and mango.


The girls making dinner at Kenda's house when Mahnee was in town!



1 comment:

Trish P. said...

She will love it too. You can introduce so many new and yummy foods to Georgia in it's natural context. I think it's a great way to give our girls a great start to nutrition. Way to go Mommy!